What is salt therapy?
Salt therapy, also called speleotherapy, is a form of respiratory therapy that involves breathing in sodium chloride and is considered a powerful treatment for adults and children.
During salt therapy, you sit in an enclosed room and breathe in saltenriched air. The therapeutic properties in the salt cleanse your air passages and your skin and serve as a drug-free natural alternative for the management of respiratory and skin conditions in children and adults.
At Kingdom Chiropractic & Spa, all the massage therapy rooms double as salt therapy rooms. The chiropractic practice also offers a salt therapy playroom for kids.
Halotherapy is a Salt Therapy that utilizes a halogenerator to grind and crush 99,99% Pure Grade Sodium Chloride (salt) into micronized particles that are dispersed into a salt room, salt cave, or salt chamber via a salt aerosol that works to aid respiratory concerns and skin conditions. If there is no halogenerator, there is no halotherapy.
“Best chiropractic place in the city. I have issues with my back and have been trying to find a good chiropractor and every place always looks shady and gross. This place looks amazing and the people there are very welcoming! Definitely recommend. 5 STARS! ”- Ben M.
The 3 Fundamentals of Salt Therapy
1. Super Absorbent — salt acts like a sponge attracting foreign substances along its path through the respiratory tract. The salt behaves like a toothbrush that cleans the respiratory system removing the build-up of foreign elements that cause various respiratory ailments and conditions.
2. Anti-Inflammatory — Inhaled salt particles may help to reduce inflammation in the entire respiratory tract and widen the airway passages. A clean respiratory system naturally results in higher oxygen intake, increased energy, and an improved immune system.
3. Anti-Bacterial — The salt particles act as an anti-bacterial agent, dissolving bacteria and pollutants lodged in the respiratory tract. These are then either coughed up or naturally expelled by the body..
The team may suggest combining your salt therapy with other therapies and equipment to reduce asthma, allergies, and other respiratory conditions. For instance, your provider may combine salt therapy with chiropractic adjustments, massage therapy, tourmanium therapy, or Nuga medical massage. Salt therapy may also benefit those suffering from sex disorders.
What are the benefits of salt therapy?
Salt therapy is a safe and effective treatment that offers many health benefits. Some of the benefits of this natural treatment include:
Relief from respiratory conditions, such as sinusitis or allergies
- Improved breathing
- Improved lung function
- Reduced use of inhalers and antibiotics
- Stress relief
- Improved skin health and skin conditions
- Better blood circulation
- Relief from inflammation
- Reinforced immune system
- Better sleep
- Humidification of the lungs
- Stimulation of deep breathing
The team at Interstate Medical Group develops your comprehensive wellness plan during a consultation, which includes salt therapy recommendations. The specifics of your salt therapy may depend on your overall health needs and wellness goals.
Because it takes the human body time to adapt to new conditions before the therapeutic benefits occur, the team may suggest a minimum of two hours in the salt therapy room. To get the optimal results, the team recommends a course of 15-20 treatments. Salt therapy has no harmful side effects and may be included as part of your overall health and wellness plan.
To learn more about salt therapy and how it can benefit your health and wellness, contact Interstate Medical Group by phone or request an appointment online today.
1Safe, gentle, non-invasive & supportive chiropractic treatment
2We offer personalized treatment plans
3Offering services in California, Oregon & Washington
4Offering the best in technology and the most up-to-date procedures